View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #24
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Many thanks, Bob, for your outstanding review, and everybody else for interesting input.

I have had the 500 for, surprise, exactly one year today! I had the old Rocket eBook for several years and it was wonderful, so when Sony announced the Reader, I signed up and waited (and waited and waited). When it inally came, I was delighted, although missed some of the terrific features the old eBook had that the Reader missed. All in all, however, it was great.

Reading all the 505 threads has been interesting, but despite the advantages, I can't see springing for $300 now to replace my 500, because:

1. Except for the screen improvement, not enough new features to make it worth it for me.

2. I was chagrined after paying full price for the 500 to find recently all the good deals for it at greatly reduced cost.

3. I can foresee getting the 505, only to have it replaced by a "new improved" version a year or less in the future, at another $300 or higher price.

4. I would not be surprised to see the 505 getting some tweaks as Sony corrects the few things that new owners don't like now.

5. I'll wait to see if a Sony credit card deal comes up where can get it for $50 or some such absurd price.

Hope springs eternal, eh?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote