View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
It's the nature of the beast. Files sometimes get corrupted, other times users interrupt an update in the middle of things. If you expect 100% perfect updates when dealing with some 500 million devices being updated in a wide variety of network connections and situations then you really need to get use to being disappointed.
In this case, it wasn't a corrupted download (and it would get verified first ) or people interrupting things in the middle. It was a badly coded update that bricked enough iDevices to receive a fair amount of notice. IOW, yes, Apple did something wrong. I am not sure why you seem to think it is user error, for not backing up their device. FWIW, I agree that backups are crucial, but I don't think my extra habit should exempt developers from the need to avoid pushing broken software.

Also, I was responding to your statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
So, why then do you blame Apple? If they aren't connecting to a computer, and they don't back up to iCloud, how exactly do you expect Apple to magically back up the device?
I don't, that was never my point, and please stop putting really random words in my mouth.

I am beginning to suspect you are an Apple fanboi you seem to be excusing anything Apple does as "If you expect 100% perfect [...] you really need to get use to being disappointed".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote