View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #536
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I'm in the Amazon Vine program and we are supposed to review all of the ARCs we receive, but I have to admit there have been a couple that I just did not want to write a review on. Amazon used to require that you review 80% of the books you received, but they are changing it going forward to 100%. I don't think I'll request very many more books due to that. I hate writing reviews for books that I didn't particularly like.
My hats off to you. I couldn't do it. I felt pressured reading just one. I tried to like it if I had bought it I would've put it down and read something else. Reading for me is suppose to be for pleasure. I struggled to finish this book. It wasn't horrible I just couldn't connected with it. Maybe if I hadn't read a Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson which has a similar theme...I wouldn't have expected more from this trope. I don't know... I like reviewing books I've bought or been loaned but I didn't expect to feel obligated like I did reading it to like it and give it a favorable review.

The thing is I know the author can write sooo much better than that and that's why I think I had the most problem with. That said I am going to read another one of hers from Avon. I've skimmed through it after I checked it from the library and it looks really good. I always give a author two chances to grow on me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote