View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsharkbytes View Post
Yes, the reader DOES show up on my mac desktop as a drive, but I cannot determine which of the many files on it is the one that manages the collections. If somebody could tell me which of the files on the reader drive I need to delete to start over, that would be helpful.
The file is database/cache/media.xml.

I see four choices:
1) If you delete it and then unplug the reader, the Sony SW will reconstruct the database. You will lose all bookmarks as well as collections.

2) If you are careful, you can edit the file and remove all the collections.

3) You can also use calibre 0.7.6's collection manager to delete all collections.

4) If you have a backup of the reader, then putting a backup copy of that file will recover everything in it at that point. Books subsequently added will show up, but with no collections.

Final thought: I heard a rumor once that the Sony Reader had records of collections. You can try deleting them all, then see if the Sony can put the old ones back. I haven't installed Sony Reader, so I have no idea if I heard correctly.

Edit: Calibre orders series in series order, if a) you set the series metadata, and b) you permit calibre to create collections from series.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote