View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #244
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Vast majority? On MobileRead I think, but not generally.

I'm having a hard time finding good statistics on this, but the following gives some idea:

[Bestselling books of 2011: the top 100 listed

Certainly fiction for recreational reading is the biggest single category, but when you add up all the small categories, they come to more. Here is a link on that, found in my last link:

http://www-958.ibm.com/software/data...s/type-of-book
Which is to say, I was largely correct, in that "mandatory excercises" for textbooks are not, in any way, relevant to the vast majority of publishing.

Good of you to agree.