View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Zelda,

I suspect part of the problem is being in France. However, I also received an error message when I clicked on the link (my first page was different, as it detected ADE as bein installed). When I closed that error page, however, at the top of IE there was a "download file being blocked" banner, which I clicked and then it allowed me to save the ACSM file.

ADE is a pain - at least the one from Random House Australia downloaded without a hitch this month - last month it was offline with one problem after another for over a week and then when it came back up, it took several tries to get it downloaded and installed (various licensing error messages).

Given the experience with EPUB/PDF via ADE that most people get, perhaps the iPad will prove popular. The ease of buying, installing and getting on with reading has been behind a lot of the success of the Kindle.
hm, do you think it could be geographic ? that wasn't the impression i got (it just told me it couldn't connect to the server), and it didn't say anything about that in the page, but i guess you never know. i've actually never had a problem with ade in the past. i just think this particular delivery method (embedding the link in a flash animation so there is no way to right click / save as manually, wrapping the link delivery up with the installer...) is needlessly (and even stupidly...) complex. no worries, since, i have acquired the file through alternate means but it's still annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddly bodkins View Post
OT (sorry) There is a really good one here:
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/asparagus_risotto/
yep, that looks about right. thanks for the recipe.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote