View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #74
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Well, you don't need to compete fiercely when you have an apple in the back, that'd alone guarantees you can add $100 at least on top of similar priced tablets, the shiny apple is worth that much if not more... to some at least. I don't see this mini selling for less than $299, but I could obviously be wrong.
All that is true, but I think that Apple is conscious of "their share" which is a big selling point. The 7" market niche is a (in my opinion) worm hole in the shiny big Apple. Apple needs to close that hole up before doubts about its supremacy emerge. Also as a practical matter it can sew up all the Chinese manufacturer's production so they don't have too much time to produce for other sellers.

Besides it is only a $50 difference of opinion. A coupon in the iTunes store would take care of that. Take a cue from Amazon and Google.

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote