View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I read the B&N Classics edition of the Odyssey last year. It was arranged in a prose format which was much easier to read than the B&NC Iliad (which I still haven't finished) and came with some fairly informative footnotes for cultural terms and mythological references.

I got mine back during one of those freebie giveaway promos, and I'd say that the entire thing is worth about the $1.99 price B&N used to charge for their Classics line back then. Not enough value-add to justify a $3.99 price for a fancied-up older public domain translation, IMHO.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote