View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #111
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Living in a low-population state (only one really large city, the rest of the state is pretty rural), consortia are the only way our libraries can operate. My little local library has ebooks, but only because we belong to the state consortium. We also belong to a different consortium for p-books, but I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Meemo is right - for a lot of libraries, it's either consortia or no ebooks at all.

I really don't understand the publisher war on libraries - as I stated earlier, it's a monstrous case of biting the hand that feeds you. Biting it clean off.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote