View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyparrot View Post
I installed Python 2.6.1 and still have the same problem.
I don't think it is possible for 2.6.1 to give this particular error. Perhaps /usr/bin/python is still pointing to the old version. I don't have a Mac, but (assuming it is like Linux) try in the Terminal window:
Code:
post content modified on Amazon's request
The which python command should tell you where python is located. If it is not /usr/bin/python, then the top line of the script may need changing (or invoke python explicitly as demonstrated by the 2nd and 3rd line above). A stand-alone python command opens up the python interpreter and the 1st line of output should tell you which version. Use quit() to exit. If the version is 2.6.1, then try the full python command line (with your ebook and PID), but first make sure that kindlefix.py is in the current directory (with the ebook). If the python version isn't 2.6.1, then your command path probably needs changing. I don't know enough about the Mac to help with this.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote