View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
... and it's much more than the 1,100 books the Kindle claims to be able to store.
You would kill the Paperwhite if you loaded thousand books at once. It would attempt to index all the files and drain the battery many times over.
Plus, without a hierarchical folder system you would have great difficulty navigating your library.
I know, Kindle has Collections system, but try to organize 1000 books into collections using Kindle interface ;-)

You can overcome most of these difficulties by installing a few third-party programs, such as Coolreader by Crazy Coder or Duokan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
... how you manage your library. I can't imagine trying to decide what I want to read next before I've finished my current book, and it would be a real PITA to go back to the computer again and again. (Really it defeats the purpose of a reader, for me.)
When I was complaining about the same thing Kindle zealots jumped on me that a dozen or so books in reader must be enough for everyone.

I have installed Coolreaqder, so I have folder support and I prevent Kindle from indexing the files and now I can have lots of files on the device. Not the entire library, but quite a few books to choose from.

Plus, with a Coolreader (and son with other applications, such as Kindlepdfviewer, Liberator) I have much better configuration options.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote