Thread: Real books
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
You are so right. There is something about having your books up on a shelf in someones home that stands out. It is probably just because of the world we are slowly growing out of where print media used to rule.
Not sure I accept the "just", but yes, I grew up with books as a very important part of my life, and a father that made sure we kids took care of them (some special books accessible only under supervision until we got old enough to be trusted). I guess that sort of upbringing does instill its own mystique for the media beyond, but added to by, what's written on it.

It's hard to imagine finding similar attachment to your e-reader - they are consumables, disposable devices, in a way that paper-books never were, not in my family.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote