View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
While Samsung is king of Android at the moment, HTC had that place just a few years ago, in the early start of the Android dominance, so it really shows how the field can shift quickly.

What top model do they have currently? (I don't follow the Android market)
HTC had a series of blunders last year. They pumped many different phones out with no real quality and also had the CarrierIQ fiasco.

Look how fast Nokia and RIMM have fallen from dominance. It's the Smartphone market that is moving fast and any manufacture that is not on top of their game is going to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
By always picking the one model that suits you best, regardless of brand. The problem these days, is that you are quite often tied into whatever brands ecosystem (Apps, DRM music, etc.) which is very often a big decisive factor. As it is now, Android apps are still way too fractionated (ie. not working on all models), and thus don't speak for the platform but the single brand.
Yes that is true on Android* but that is true on every other platform. Look at WP7/WP8, my son is complains that there are many apps he cannot download from the Apple appstore. When I was using BB that was also the issue.

* Especially for the low end Android devices.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote