Thread: Troubleshooting Button Clicking
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CChamp View Post
Hi all, I just got my Kindle last week and pretty much out of the box the right side forward page change button has a very definite "Click". It clicks as you push it down and again when you release it. I read that the quietness of the buttons were a major upgrade over the previous models. When things are quite and you are engrossed in your favorite book, it is really annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix or should I go through the hassle of exchanging it? Thank you very much in advance. CC
If only the "right side forward page change button" has an audible click, while all of the other buttons are silent, I would say return the Kindle because perhaps that button is catching on something or not installed correctly.

Hmmmm. All of my page turn buttons make an audible click, but it doesn't bother me - it is very subtle, IMHO. Of course, I like "clicky" computer keyboards because of the feel to the button pushes - I need that sensory response I guess. The Kindle is certainly much quieter than that so it is not a distraction to me.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote