View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
rkh5
rkh5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Take the Word document, save it as a text file, load the text file into Sigil, create your CSS as you go about formatting/splitting the file into it's sections/chapter.

This way, you don't have to deal with the mess Word puts in and also fixing what Word put in. It's just going to be easier to create fresh styles and fresh formatting.

But before you do this, put a <p> at the beginning of every line/paragraph and a </p> at the end. Then Sigil will know where each bit is. Word can search/replace to do this.
The file is almost 2000 pages long and filled with objects. This is not a simple text-based book. I imagine that reformatting the entire document will not be easier, especially if I'm not sure that Sigil can actually solve the problem and I'm not terribly familiar with that program. I don't really see how Word is the source of the problem.

What I'd like is to find a way to either a different way of making Kindle recognize the table of contents or a way for the prc file to recognize the characters.

Last edited by rkh5; 09-04-2012 at 02:12 AM.
rkh5 is offline   Reply With Quote