View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
You could check some of the Chinese brand tablets, eg from Chuwi or Teclast or Xiaomi. For reviews, https://techtablets.com/ is a good source, although he recently reviews a lot of notebooks as well.

For your size requirements, the Xioami MiPad 4 might be an option. I think Chuwi also recently had a smaller device out, but currently I can only remember the larger 10 inch ones.
Yep good tip. I see the Huawei MediaPad M5 8" has pretty good specs, I don't know much about how good their Android shell is.

Also, Samsung is reported to be coming out with a higher res 8" tablet sometime in 2019. These rumors are always hard to pin down, but Samsung has a historical precedent of producing a high res 8" tablet every few years or so, roughly their equivalent of an Ipad Mini. The last high res 8" I'm aware of in their lineup was the Galaxy S2 8" model, which had fantastic specs, high res screen, and an SD card to boot. But they haven't updated that in years and the latest OS you can get on it--to my knowledge unless you hack a custom firmware upgrade--is Android 7.