View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
A best practice would be to avoid both left and justify for the text-align property and leave this choice to the reading system/user.
While that is true, I think it's also desirable that the reading system has a way to override a book's settings. I'll try removing the text-align from the epub css and putting it in the index.css (to be used only with a web browser)

Quote:
oeb-page-head is barely defined in the official specs and it's a bad idea anyway. With DE you could display this as a header using their XPGT extension (XSL-FO) but overall, the IDPF need to take a decision regarding paged media. It is a very complex issue though: CSS3 modules are not finalized and Adobe will probably push forward XSL-FO.
At least it says: "The content of an element assigned display: oeb-page-head should be presented only as a header, and the content of an element assigned display: oeb-page-foot should be presented only as a footer. Neither should be simply presented as if it were inline or block.". The underlined part is what all readers I could try are doing.

But by reading again the documentation I found a simpler work-around, just use:

display: none;
display: oeb-page-head;

Systems recognizing "oeb-page-head" would use it, while systems that don't recognize it would ignore it and use "none"... So it seems I don't need the javascript trick for the browsers
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote