View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Agent Assaulted by Author

Quote:
Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, Literary Agent, Attacked; Author Taken Into Custody

Police have taken an apparently disgruntled author into custody after a popular literary agent and blogger was attacked in her car Thursday.

Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, an agent in San Francisco with Larsen Pomada who runs the website Bookalicio.us, told The Huffington Post, "I was on my way to my daughter's school ... and just before I turned the corner, my passenger-side mirror popped. I though I'd hit someone's trash can. Then a guy walked out in front of me, with a baseball bat in his hand."

According to van Hylckama Vlieg, the man, whom she did not recognize, reached into the car and repeatedly slammed her head on the steering wheel. Her dog, Jackie, a Jack Russell terrier who was in the car at the time, bit the attacker on the arm and she was able to get away.

After she reported the attack to the San Jose Police Department later that day, officers asked for access to her professional email; one author in particular, said van Hylckama Vlieg, had been emailing her unpleasant weekly messages following her rejection of his manuscript.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?ref=topbar
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote