View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseBear View Post
Using mfgtool, I tried flashing diags, fastboot, and main. Each will say they are successful, but only the diags flash results in a reboot of my kindle.

When I try to use fastboot, I'm stuck "waiting for device".

It seems my kindle really likes to be in diags mode and doesn't want to let me ssh into it and fix it.
Unless you have hardware problems or a damaged bootloader, or download or storage problems causing corrupt image files, there is no (known) reason for this debricking method to fail.

The fastboot problem could be that libusb-win32 is not configured properly, or that fastboot mode is dropping out because of a USB reset. Try saving fastboot mode in diags (install fastboot bundle). Then reboot should go directly to fastboot mode. Try using a linux fastboot program.

EXACTLY what commands did you use and what were the results? We have had plenty of problems lately from people saying they followed the instructions, only to find out later that they flashed the wrong files to the wrong partitions. Seeing what you did can help diagnose this problem. Just SAYING that you followed the instructions and they did not work places you in the same situation we saw for people who said the same thing, but skipped steps or flashed the wrong images.

Please provide enough information to find out WHY your debricking is problematic.

Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-18-2012 at 10:58 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote