View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #46
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Reviewer couldn't possibly be more biased. I wouldn't put any stock in this review. Obvious fanboi.
I have an Android device which I love, I hate Apple (and Microsoft for that matter) and from first-contact impression I still have to agree with him on at least this one:

Quote:
Interface

Almost the entire interface is sluggish, jerky, and unresponsive.
It is. At first, it felt like the Coby Kyros, which I also happened to get in contact with. Not quite as bad, but from the lag still felt like cheap resistive touch display.

PDF browsing was stuttering when flipping pages. MP4 is the only video format recognized for play.

Last but not least, Amazon store only available in the US and perhaps a few other countries. Beware then that you may well be just buying a cheap and limited tablet with no Amazon goodness at all. Rooting with full Android possibly the best option, but what if performance suffers from the limited hardware when not even custom Android from Amazon runs all that fine?

Luckily, it was not me the purchaser, but a friend.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote