View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader666 View Post
That doesn't make sense, that the publisher creates it. How then can Sony say "we are reworking a book" and then provide it to me with less lines per page.
Presumably Sony request the publisher to re-do it.

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the "Sony Classics" that have a Sony Connect copyright on them are designed by Sony, correct?
That would certainly seem reasonable, yes.

Quote:
In the meanwhile, I hear the waiting list for a Kindle (which does allow for multiple readable fonts that the user can select) is as long as 7 months, which explains why these devices (retailing at $399) are going for $600+ on eBay.
7 months is a slight exaggeration . Amazon are currently quoting late Jan for delivery of Kindles ordered in the week before Christmas. The Kindle is not the only choice, of course; the CyBook will display text considerably more flexibly than the Kindle, and that's available with only a short wait.

A device on which the USER selects the font size, rather than the book creator, is probably a better choice for someone with visual problems.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote