View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #74
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I can be OK with a pbook nomination - but only usually if I already own the pbook. I'm not going to try and source one just for a reading club entry. Firstly, I try not to buy pbooks anymore and secondly, I'm not a member of a local library (don't care to) and taking time out to look for nominated books in the local/regional library would be a step too far for me to bother.

However, I don't have any hard feelings about pbooks being nominated/voted in. Even with ebooks, if I really don't want to read it, a spot at the top of a book club leaderboard is unlikely to change my mind.

It sounds terribly rigid, but it doesn't mean that I don't stretch myself. Last year I read A Room With a View, The Island of Doctor Moreau, A Christmas Carol, The Master and Margarita and The short stories of Saki. None of these were anywhere near a TBR list of mine and I enjoyed them all. It helped that nearly all were free of course.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote