View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #165
DickeFix
Enthusiast
DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.DickeFix is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3Wifi+3G and DX
I have also problems with the female TTS voice. If I unpack tts-files.tar (so I get a "data/" folder in the root directory of the Kindle) I can hear the female voice sporadically but with very large pauses between the sentences. After just one or two sentences the Kindle gives up and reverts to the male voice which works good (except from the crackling noise).

In order to remedy this I compiled an update including the TTS-files (with SKIP_TTS_FILES="") but then the Kindle hanged both for the male and female voice.

Any ideas why this occurs and how to fix it?
DickeFix is offline   Reply With Quote