View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Another approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Once again I disagree, why should a user create a new account just to merge the two existing accounts. And let's skip all the problems a merged account creates. For example if both readers participate in the Goodreads annual reading challenge. A merged account would not be able to separately count the books read for each reader. No, a merged account is not a viable solution. And don't get me started on attempting to move my GR account into a separate account, I have entirely too many books, shelves, listopia lists, friends etc... to move to another account.

The ability to have separate GR accounts to go with separate devices would be ideal. No I think the OP should contact Amazon or GR and see how to remove the device from a specific account to move it to another account. Sorry but your solution works only for those users like yourself with a small amount of books and limited shelves on their account. I am sure a large amount of the readers with devices will use the GR integration probably have extensive GR accounts with extensive customization and lots of books. This is an assumption on my part but I am sure my husband with his @100 books would not want to merge his GR account with mine that has over @6000. And don't get me started how I would feel about another user or two fudging with my shelves and books. UGH, I shudder at the thought.

These comments are all based on how I would feel about it, and I am not assuming that I am in the majority or that this is what should be done.

Then the best solution is two Amazon accounts and two Goodreads accounts.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote