View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You use a very high light level, as I recall. That will drastically shorted the battery life.
I use it at 22 level of the 24 possible almost all the time. In low light I drop the PW light to 18. However, I prefer using my KFHD7-32 in low light with auto-brightness on and white fonts on the black screen.

My goal in use is reading enjoyment and comfort, not long battery life. The PW looks really great with the 22 light level. Its screen whiteness fades in appearance as the light level is reduced.

Also, I recharge at 15% - not 0% as some others do.

However, each PW should be used down to 0% at least once to calibrate the battery meter and to fully activate all the chemicals in the Lithium battery. At the 15% level a warning appears on the screen and at the 0% level the entire screen freezes with a picture of a battery icon, a wire and a lightning bolt.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote