View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Two of my all-time favorite Westerns are on offer at Amazon from HarperCollins for $3.79.

That master of the Mystery genre, Elmore Leonard, got his start writing for the pulp western market in the 1950’s. Hombre, published in 1961, and Valdez is Coming, published in 1970, were both adapted to film. Although Valdez is Coming received mostly mediocre movie reviews, Hombre with Paul Newman was a hit. Both are excellent novels.

Several other Elmore Leonard westerns are also offered for $3.79. I haven’t yet read them, at least that I can remember, but you can’t really go wrong with a Leonard novel.

These same books are $3.99 at B&N and Kobo. At BoB they are $4.35.
Hombre was a great movie.
One of my favorite Elmore Leonard books was Mr Majestyk. I liked the movie too.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote