View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #34899
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If you heard a scream earlier today, it was probably me.

I have been monitoring Emily (the spider living on our front porch) for several days - during which we had some cold (in the 30's F) weather and she hadn't moved at all. Plus the web was damaged and not being repaired. We feared that nature had taken its course and she had expired. So we decided to take down the Caution warning tape (which protected her during Halloween) and move the web - with her in it - along with her egg case to some bushes - to give the young 'uns some protection & shelter to hatch and grow up in. Well - we snagged the top of the web onto a branch and tugged it free of the porch railing - whereupon she began to move! By the time we got to the designated nursery bush, she was on top of the branch and heading towards us! The branch/web/spider combination was hurriedly placed in the bush & we ran for it!

Once my heart rate has dropped a bit, I'll go back & visit the bush to check on the family!
I miss her very much when I pass the front door and reflexively look out the side light to check on her.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote