View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #533
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
I already own two of these. Battery's only good for 4 hours and I've had issues getting it to charge and work as wi-fi hotspot at the same time. Definitely not as convenient as a built-in expansion slot.

For me, the pros for the Nexus 7 (build quality, light weight, screen resolution, responsiveness) outweigh the con (lack of SD card slot). For the price, I do think it delivers amazing value. Just can't help but wish it had a built-in storage expansion slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Oh and lets not forget that memory cards cost money to and try putting in a cheap slow Class 4 card into a tablet and see it crawl along while it accesses large files like video.You will need a good quality Class 10 card.
Those speed class ratings only apply to sustained write speed. Read speeds are generally faster. Besides, a Class 4 card is able to write at 4MB/s (32Mbps). Even Blu-ray bitrate caps out at 40Mbps and I highly doubt you'll be watching lossless 20~35GB Blu-ray rips on the Nexus 7. Transcoded 1080p content should be fine even with a Class 2 card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The problem with these is that you only have access to them when you are at home -- and then I can just stream from the cloud. And don't tell me you would rather carry around one of these than have a device with an expansion slot in the first place?
The devices posted act as a portable wi-fi hotspot/wireless router. You don't need to be at home to access them.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote