View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
InDesign to Sigil

Opened a doc saved to epub from Indesign in Sigil. All the fonts and images are there. I see two things that I do not know how to address and need to know the following

First there are some images on some pages which are supposed to be 3 images across, the images are in different sizes in the Sigil file but are all the same size in the original InDesign file. Obviously the image dimensions have to be done from scratch. Should I do in Photoshop then import in back to Sigil? I would think instead of adding css to have the images display next to each other I can just take the three and make one image out of it and add to the Sigil page

Second is the background of the headers, you will see it is in black. Do I have to leave this out as well or should I save those headers as images and do the same? I have the same problem with the footer on each page

I gave the client an option, creating the Epub as pdf pages but the text is so small and the only good thing is the pdf retains the original styling. I would think the client will go for the styled epub version so I gotta be ready.

One last thing I notice, looking at the Sigil generated Epub in iPad there are some fonts that DO NOT display from the styled Sigil but in an ADE reader they do. I should inform the client of this as he wants pubs for Apple, Kindle and Nook.

Any pointers or help with the above is appreciated

See the screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	87393  
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote