View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #71
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Ah, a fellow developer.. I've been working in the field for 20 years myself and it's my experience that the users catch some things that I and the testers missed. I'm pretty sure you have the same experience if you've been doing it as long as you have. The point here is that it may be nitpicking but there are some things that have changed in the newest firmware that we have noticed and have voiced our opinion "It's not as comfortable to read as the previous version". Personally I don't mind that the top margin CAN be touching the top. I would then like the option to SET that top margin larger like I am able with the side margins.
Absolutely! This is what impresses me most about Kobo. They do read this forum, they do reach out to individuals experiencing problems, they do engage users of this forum for Beta testing. There are not a lot of companies doing that. And human nature being what it is, I expect that posts that rant about problems will be skipped over in favour of posts that calmy and clearly report issues and ask for advice...but maybe that's just me.

On your development points, you may be right...I don't know. I used to manage a team that developed multi-platform software, and the code was only developed and unit tested once, then ported to all other platforms for system testing. Much more efficient way to work. That said, I suspect Kobo is a much smaller company than the one I work for, so they could be doing anything.
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote