View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #81
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
...or I could just redefine the nomenclature, and make the "Font selector" a "Style selector":

Code:
<styles baseStyle="base.css">
  <style name="Modern" style="modern.css" />
  <style name="Fantasy" style="fantasy.css" />
  <style name="Extra Margins" style="extramargins.css" />
  <!-- ... -->
</styles>
Pros:
CSS selector integrated in the Reader that remembers the setting for each book
Very easy to implement

Cons:
CSS files need to be kept for each style

So, which way do you think would be the best?
Come to think of it, I like the dedicated style selector idea much better. That way, I can not only specify serif/sans-serif/monospace fonts, but also line-heights, margins, etc. Different fonts look better with different line heights...

By the way, on the font selector screen, can you remove the warning message at the bottom and increase the number of selector items? Once the warning's gone, maybe you can fit one or two more.
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote