View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Debi-NJ
Debi-NJ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle,Nook,etc.
InDesign CS5 to ePub

I'm wondering if anyone could direct me to a consultant, an expert in InDesign and ePub, or help me directly, as I'm looking for a tutor and someone to assist me on my first ePub. Some history...I had no right thinking that I could develop an ePub on my own when I hadn't touched Pagemaker in over 8 years. While I used to be a 'decent' publisher in Pagemaker years ago, my career changed and I stopped using the tools. How the publishing industry has changed. I went through the Lynda tutorials, bought InDesign and want to create my first ebook on my own. I have many more to publish and I don't want to turn it over because darn it, I'm determined to conquer this ignorance.

I finished a draft ePub using InDesign CS5. I think it is "OK" but I'm sure there are many enhancements that would make it much better. At least it passed the validation, whew. It is 77 pages in 39 spreads. I have some concerns around one of my styles and how to improve the TOC. Am looking for someone to help me. Am willing to pay for some tutoring.
Thanks.
Debi
Debi-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote