View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I'm a firm believer in sticking with ROMs that are based on the stock firmware (not just for the Fire, but for all devices with custom ROMs). The stock firmware has drivers that have been optimized for the hardware and I have yet to see any non-stock-based ROM perform as well or trouble-free.

Having said that, I appreciate that the Fires (1st and 2nd gen) are receiving attention from the CM development community. That's a good thing.
Unfortunately this is not the case for the Otter (Kindle Fire 1st Gen).

Their USB driver hobbles the transfer speeds, and their driver that handles the charging is also pretty bad.

Not to mention the completely disabled light sensor and various other items. To be honest the stock firmware for the Otter is a mess.

I'm going to look a bit more closely at 6.3.2 since it is out and see if they improved things, but I'm not all that hopeful.

Part of the work that Hashcode put into getting Otter onto CM builds was based around fixing many of those issues. It was a monumental piece of work to get it to a point where it was allowed to be officially on CM.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote