View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Red face assuming it can be easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
You should check the link it´s pretty easy

mkdir ~/GIT
cd ~/GIT
git clone git://github.com/dpavlin/k3libre.git
(if you dont have it sudo apt-get install git) then repeat the last step

output:
Code:
twobob@dev ~/GIT $ ls
k3libre
cd k3libre

now nano ~/GIT/k3libre/pdf2fb.sh

and edit the line

Code:
./pgm2fb.pl page-$page.pgm | nc 192.168.x.xxx 8888 || true
putting your kindles IP where the X´s are.

and do the same for ~/GIT/k3libre/ssh-screenshot.sh

and edit the lines

Code:
landscape=`ssh root@192.168.x.xxx cat /sys/module/eink_fb_hal_broads/parameters/bs_orientation`

and ssh root@192.168.x.xxx dd if=/dev/fb0 > $name.fb
with the same info.

Couple of caveats,

You will need the access via SSH working to the kindle.

You will need to know the kindles IP in advance, a fixed one in the router is not a bad idea.

Usage: ssh-screenshot.sh

This is from memory, I´ll go check my facts.

Hope this helps someone.

SIDE NOTE:
I edited my /etc/hosts to simply contain 192.168.x.xx k (this is actually what the OP has set up on the dev box) this is also helpful and you can replace all the ugly IPś with k

One more point. A link to the script is also handy I made one called kss for kindle screenshot.

Looking through the stuff in the REPO you can trigger this via launchpad amongst other functions but this should get you going.
Great twobob,

But , assuming it can be easy , could you just share some screenshot taken from that way ? I´d love to see what it could add im terms of quality !

Good job !
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote