Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Sounds as if the guys need the excuse of a book club to explore the realm of muscled chests and heaving bosoms.

Having read Outlander, I can assure you that there's some of that, although proportionally much less than in a typical bodice-ripper, but it's definitely a romance in the traditional swashbuckling sense. On the other hand, I found that Gabaldon's much-vaunted research left a lot to be desired. I started finding errors in the first page or two--in fact, I was sufficiently annoyed that I abandoned it the first time I tried it. I tried it again when I was in the mood for something mindless and it turned out to be an entertaining read. It was a freebie a ways back, I think when RH released the digital editions of the books.

I'm staying with Tender is the Night. I think I was too young to appreciate it the first time I read it and I've always meant to revisit.

Last edited by issybird; 01-27-2012 at 02:59 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote