View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I've seen quite a few posts here talking about calibre. I'm a noob to ereaders/ereading and I was wondering what the benefits there are to using calibre to manage my library as opposed to using ADE and the Kobo desktop app. Thanks for the info.
As mentiond Calibre does allow you to manage a large number of Books from descriptions to Cover Art. However I no longer use Calibre to send books to my device as I have found that it corrupts the Kobo Touch Data base and the covers show up only sometimes, unless you do a reboot and factory rest and the books are read in again from the sd card then the covers show. So I use calibre to maintain my library and optimize it. I then save all my books to a directory and I exit Calibre and then i Plug in my Touch and load the books in the directory to my Sd card on my touch. Calibre is a great tool, but as with all tools you can get preety damn close to mastering everything but not always with the results you expect on differnt devices.

DRM can be removed from your books using after market plugins for calibre so that you can move your collection easily between your devices.

good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote