View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #13201
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Out of the Dark by David Weber
Well. That was interesting. A fun read, and realistic for an alien invasion story. Essentially, the human race is doomed.

It's only in the last couple of chapters that Weber pulls a deus ex machina to save the day, although it's foreshadowed a bit.

I've removed my plot spoiler from my previous post, since I gave away the deus ex machina bit. (I'd heard it elsewhere, but didn't realise it was kept until quite so late in the book.)

I'm not sure that the book really works. The only logical conclusion to the book would be very different. But probably not something Weber would write.

But I did enjoy it, although some of the weapons talk got a bit too detailed for my tastes.

Next: A Rising Thunder by David Weber. The latest main-line Honor Harrington novel.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote