View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homsa View Post
Good day,

Found today on Amazon Kindle support page - shortcuts for faster typing with on-screen keyboard:

- Action - Shortcut Key

Capitalize one letter: Navigate to the letter and press the Keyboard button and the 5- way controller at the same time.

Jump 7 letters: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the Keyboard button and right or left using the 5-way controller.

Delete: With the onscreen keyboard open, *simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Previous Page button on the right side of your Kindle.

Space: With the onscreen keyboard open,* simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Next Page button on the right side of your Kindle.

Cursor right: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Next Page button on the left side of your Kindle.

Cursor left: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Previous Page button on the left side of your Kindle.

My note: press and hold Keybord button and then press second assigned key or button.
Good find, and your note at the bottom is spot on! Thanks!

I tried some of the shortcuts a couple of days ago as we discovered them and the "simultaneously" instruction Amazon uses simply doesn't work. You have to press and hold the Keyboard button first then press the other button. So I added these shortcuts to the first post of the thread and re-worded Amazon's wording to better fit the actual actions.