View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #91
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
From what Others are saying you won't be able to access the entire Android APP Market. This will be more like the Fire where Kobo is controlling the ecosystem. So unless you want to root it and load a custom ROM on it you are going to be limited by what Kobo will allow you to do. My guess is you are not going to be able to install the Kindle App in the stock form.

Read some of the comments here to see what they are saying about the App Store.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/k...ch-display-gi/
The article says "naturally you'll have access to Android Market as well." Where do people get the impression that the market is limited like the Fire which from what I read is really locked down?

(And even if it is GetJar and not Google Market the kindle app is still there.)

Last edited by p_a_smith; 10-19-2011 at 07:01 PM.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote