View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
What I find interesting is that Amazon is generating revenue at a rate that exceeds its market share -- forget total sold units. This is kind of a big deal after only three months in the market.
I don't think that's what's going on, although I had to go to the Flurry site to be sure. These numbers are for revenue per user, not revenue per app. In other words, the average Amazon purchaser of a particular app will spend 89% of what the average Apple purchaser of the same app does. This number doesn't depend on market share - it would apply if Amazon users were 10% of the market or 50% of the market.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote