View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
I know someone who as of two years ago did his business accounting on an Apple II. Don't remember the exact model-IIe, I think. Anyway his reason made perfect sense to me-it did everything he needed, no longer had a learning curve, and was fully paid for. I started with a Kaypro I running CP/M with Wordstar and kept my accounts in a hand-written ledger. The accounting entry took longer but I never had nearly as many problems as I've had since 'upgrading' to a computerized accounting system. Of course my accounting also got more complex so it's hard to say what caused the problems. Sometimes I think I should just go back to doing things by hand-if only I had the time any more.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote