Thread: BeBook Pure
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I guess that is purely a POV, I wouldn't want an ereader without a touchscreen and less buttons means a smaller Ereader and more realestate for the screen.
Yes, the reader is smaller... but I don't find the PRS-505 I currently use to be too big either. Unless it is small enough to fit in my shirt pocket, I don't really see much advantage in going smaller than that. As for more real estate for the screen.... huh? They all have exactly the same size screen.

Quote:
You can buy covers for the KT that allow you to read it in a bath with NPS if you really want to.
$15 to buy the cover... or $0.25 for a ziplock.

Quote:
TBH even with no touchscreen and buttons, I wouldn't be using an ereader in a bath anyway, it could be dropped easily and all that steam/moisture can't be good for it in the longterm, unless you get a waterproof cover for it, which is available on the KT as well.
Once it is in the Ziplock, it is protected pretty effectively against steam and moisture. I suspect my reader gets exposed to more moisture when I use it on the exercise bike than when I use it in the tub.

In any case, I am not saying those who choose an all touch screen reader are making the wrong choice. But for some, I think there is still definite utility in having a reader that uses buttons.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote