View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfe View Post
The Sony 950 during the sale is tempting, though. So now it is between the nook and that, the main differential being if I want to pay the higher price. I guess I will go to Best Buy this week and try them out.
Regardless the epub supported format (I don't want to start a debate about which format is good, bad, etc) I consider Nook 1st generation a nice ereader, at a good price and with firmware 1.5 not so slow than before. I had one and it works ok for me. I miss the option of being able to read a book, for up to 1 hr, if you are in a B&N store but B&N did not fit my taste and need for computer books which now I can find with no problemas at Amazon, with my new Kindle 3. That could not be your case though, depending of the books you like and read.

Yes, a visit your closest Best Buy store it's an awesome idea! That was exactly what I did when I changed devices; I brought my Nook there with me and compare and feel my old Nook vs Kindle 3. Being there will allow you to feel and see how the Sony compares to the Nook and take a better decision.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote