View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #191
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collection Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download and unpack cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip on Kindle. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files).
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.

On my rooted PRS-T1 the Coolreader was my most used program and I like it a lot. Thats why I jailbreak my new Paperwhite to install CR3 there as well. It needs a bit of time to figure all thinks out, but finally this steps here working a treat and I have now an working CR3. But there are some strange behaviors with CR3 on the Paperwhite that I had not on my PRS-T1.

1.) First off all I miss an feature to jump to a specific page or position in an large book.
Is there a way I can change my ini-files to activate this "hidden" feature or is this not coded yet for the PW?

2.) When I activate Book Info I found no way to left this window/dialog except to restart the hole device.

3.) There is no virtual on-screen keyboard!? When I try to search something in the book I had no possibility to enter letters in the search dialog since the paperwhite has no physical keys. I found not even a way to close this search dialog. Again only a restart of device helps to left this trap.

4.) I can add bookmarks, nice! But how can I remove them on the bookmark list?

5.) If you enter the bookmark list without having an Bookmark added before you are trapped again. Only reboot of device helps to left this screen.

Well, I hope you can fix this issues in a newer version of the program to make it as good as on the PRS-T1. Thanks a lot for the work you have already done! I give it a big thumbs up!
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote