View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
Hi citac,

I hope I didn't mislead you, but I used the term "apply template" very loosely and did not mean (for example) as used to apply a template (properly) in Dreamweaver.

I have an HTML file which contains all the header information correctly set out and I then copy and paste this to the (new) file/document.

I usually work on several documents at a time, as Notepadd++ can do this quite easily provided your PC has enough memory (etc).

1) Apply template to each file (copy and paste from example document)
2) Copy text to be removed if no longer needed
e.g. <H1 CLASS="western">
<P CLASS="western" STYLE="margin-bottom: 0.35cm">
<P CLASS="western">
<FONT FACE="Calibri, sans-serif">
<FONT SIZE=3>
etc
3) Select CTRL-H to bring up the Find/Replace dialog, enter text to find and choose replace in all open documents. Check out the drop down arrows on the replace box to quickly find text to replace with.

e.g. <P CLASS="western" STYLE="margin-bottom: 0.35cm"> replaced by <P>

------

This is a slowish task, but can significantly reduce the size of some documents and does result in a clean(er) HTML file which imports nicely into Calibre.

If there is a better way of doing this I'd love to hear about it.

Hope this was helpful
That's fine, that's also useful, and since Notepad++ reopens the last file I edited in it, I will just make sure to keep this file in a set location, and copy/paste as necessary.

Thanks!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote