View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #35131
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've tuned my guitar to the dropped Dorien mode of the key of D. Makes it sound like a sitar. I'm sitting here playing improvisational ragas in memory of one of the finest musicians to grace our generation... Ravi Shankar passed away, at age 92. His classical Indian music influenced so much of our super groups; the Beatles, the Stones, Jefferson Airplane, etc.

(For you guitar players:
Drop your low E to D
Leave the A and the D strings as they are
Drop the G down to match the 4th string D
Drop the B down to A
Drop the E down to D.
This gives you, from high to low, DADDAD
Play your melody lines on the high D and A. The rest of the guitar will resonate sympathetically sounding like a sitar.)

Ravi, R.I.P.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote