View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #36
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How about something simple, such as a user-replaceable battery? What are you going to do when your K3 battery dies?
Aren't you supposed to toss your current reader and buy a new one? I always thought that's why one can't easily replace the batteries on a lot of these gadgets.

That being said, like many others I would like to see a replaceable battery.

Also a standard power adapter. This should also be included with all models of readers, as should "basic" cases.

Built-in screen protector (like the Nook Glowlight has). Screen protectors are another item that one has spend additional money on. Depending on the reader purchased, the outlay required for adapter, case and protector can come close to the cost of the reader itself.

No "flashing" pages although perhaps that's not possible to entirely eliminate with E Ink displays?

Yes, I think that many people are now reading on tablets or phablets, as opposed to buying a dedicated reader. Which kind of makes sense I guess: a single device that can pretty much do it all.

I have recently moved in the opposite direction. I decided I wanted a dedicated reader for several reasons. Among other things, I wanted a smaller and lighter device with longer battery life. I just wanted something that basically did one thing.

I guess these wants are pretty basic. I will probably come up with additional ones as I become more familiar with a dedicated reader.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote