View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
However, the actual process of deleting them is a daunting task, since Amazon does not allow for bulk deletions, to the best of my knowledge.
This is why I never buy free books until I know I want to read them.

Also:
I've always found it ridiculous to have thousands and thousands of free (or pirated) ebooks in Calibre. You can't read all that. Even at a rate of one book per day, it'll take you around 3 years to read 1000 books. What's the point of having 10K books? It'll take at least 30 years to read them, probably much longer.

Same with music and movies. I have 400 CD's ripped to FLAC. A fair amount; I also have 300 movies and 350 or so (real) books. Sometimes I buy something new. I've been buying stuff for only 15 years, but I've seen every movie, read every book and heard every CD all at least twice in those 15 years.

Some of my friends pirate stuff, and they have 5.000+ CD's (one of them actually has over one million tracks in total, so that's around 50.000 cd's....), 20.000+ eBooks in English and another 20.000+ in Dutch, and also have 5.000+ movies. (edit: And they also have hundreds of games too. I actually forgot the games in this post. I've got 37 of them, of which around 30 at gog.com.) That's ridiculous. It wastes hard drive space. It's just hoarding for bragging rights; an "if it's on Usenet, I must download it"-attitude. You can never see, read and listen to all that. Even though it's allowed in the Netherlands (at this moment), it's completely useless to do it.

If I need to go find something new to read, see or hear, then I'll do so when the time comes: then I buy it, and read, see or hear it. Then I'll archive it on the computer or on my shelves.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote