View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #41
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I like BD's approach - a WYSIWYG editor, with a separate "tool" for viewing and editing the underlying HTML of a region of selected text for "problem" situations. That, for me, is an excellent way of working. I do not like working directly in HTML - not because I don't understand it (I write websites as a part of my job), but because the tags get in the way of seeing the layout of the text.
Take a look at the LyX editor for TeX files. It provides exactly that sort of interface -- with the caveat that the on-screen view is representative of what you'll get rather than exactly what you'll get. You still need to look at the final output.

Anyway, LyX provides both direct insertion of raw TeX (it shows up on-screen as evil-red-boxed-text) and direct editing of the underlying TeX source when necessary.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote