View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #90
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
  • Could the image preview allow the information text (which is really nice!) to be selectable (Who's too lazy to remember two numbers? This guy!)
  • When removing an item for an epub, the action is to 'delete', however since you use 'add' for the converse operations; Surely 'remove' would be a better choice?
  • Insert image label text now selectable.
  • Delete is used because the Delete key is its shortcut, and it means the same as remove in this context.

Quote:
Default search presets :
  • There is a duplicated &shy replacement out of the replacement group it seems?
  • Drag and drop movement in the search editor seems like something bad waiting to happen to someone... up/down buttons or something might be better, but I have no idea about doing that with groups.
  • Empty paragraph - <p>&nbsp;*</p> - This should be <p>(&nbsp*</p> - or more likely something like <p\b[^>]*>(&(nb|em|en|thin)sp;|\s)*</p>
  • Join Paragraphs - (?sU)([A-Za-z,])</p>\s+<p[^>]*> - Would be better as ([[:alpha:],])</p>\s*<p\b[^>]*> - the replace also needs a space before the \1.

Nothing too fancy, if there's going to be a community regex pack or something, perhaps I can get out some of the good stuff.
  • Duplicate shy will be removed, thanks.
  • Will look at arrows for the Editors - though drag&drop is always requested...
  • Empty paragraph was just an example - but like your second one so will use that. Of course you can change it, add more, etc. They're just a few examples to give ideas. Others may post their favourites in the Regex Examples thread.
  • Join Paragraph space added and find updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
I have a crash on opening some epubs in the beta which open fine with the stable build. Opening and saving one of them fixed it, I didnt check the diff (will a bit later), error was something about trying to read in a unicode file - I assume a bad doctype or something.
PM or post a link to the epub so we can see what its dying on on opening.

Quote:
A small improvement for the search panel would be an option to save the current search/replace. A larger feature would be to get a list of matches (ideally with some unmatching text around the match, like some greps offer).
Try right-clicking on the Find text box - you'll see all your searches available to load, and an option to add the search to the Search Editor.

Sounds like a Find All feature. That's a bit more work but something we'll note on the issue log to consider later.